Caring for the communities in which we operate
At Nihka Consulting, our approach to Corporate Social Investment (CSI) is rooted in the belief that it is our responsibility as a corporate citizen to add value, not only to the businesses we serve, but also to the well-being of societies, individuals and the environment in which we live. For us, it’s about making a sustainable difference and it’s just one of the things that makes us proud to be one of the top consulting companies in South Africa.
Within our business operations, CSI is seen as a strategic activity which is closely aligned to our business objectives of growth and development. We are committed to the upliftment of communities and have identified education as a fundamental building block for the creation of a successful and empowered South Africa. For this reason, we are actively involved in a number of initiatives aimed at supporting children and education.
For us, CSI is more than just a donation, it’s an investment in the future of our amazing country.
Our CSI strategy encompasses the following key activities:
- Interactive and proactive investments, which includes a combination of ad hoc funding, flagship projects and integration in other sustainable or corporate citizenship activities
- Formal strategy with objectives and deliverables
- Continuous internal and external reviews of programmes and funding initiatives
- Defined communication strategy for all completed projects to all corporate stakeholders
- Professional management of all CSI activities
- Autonomy and accountability to manage funds
- Most importantly, active participation by all staff
Current and ongoing CSI projects
- Donation of stationery, school bags and honours day prizes to Enchochoyini Primary in Thokoza, Alberton
- Donation to the Christian Teaching Centre in Benoni for their feeding scheme
- Provision of computer furniture for a community centre near the Kusile Power Station
- Establishment of the Mohale Community Library in the Free State at Mohale Intermediary School in association with Eskom
- Our Managing Director, Yashmita Bhana summited Mt Kilimanjaro in December 2011 and collected pledges in access of R250 000-00 for the St Mary’s orphanage as well as funds for 3 underprivileged university students.