Service: Business Continuity & IT Disaster Recovery
Project Details: Implementation of the Disaster Recovery Services for the top 40 systems
Another highly complex project. Eskom needed an update to the existing disaster recovery strategy and solutions for their top 40 applications. Critical systems did not have adequate disaster recovery in place and any downtime of these would result in a number of negative consequences.
- Nihka Consulting have skilled Disaster Recovery specialists on board. The team on the ground consisted of a project manager and disaster recovery experts. The multidimensional project needed the team to understand a number of platforms and solutions in order to implement the best solution for the client.
- Detailed planning was done and extensive testing including live failovers and return to service exercises.
- Client staff were trained during the exercise to ensure adequate knowledge transfer.
The project won an award from the client for Excellence. Appropriate disaster recovery plans were put in place and tested to ensure:
- Reduction in revenue loss
- Increase in production
- Increase in efficiency
- Increase in man-days worked
The client also received value added services by Nihka Consulting, including recommendations of improvements at the disaster recovery site which saved the client millions of Rands.